Yes, your air conditioner needs servicing at least once a year. Annual inspections make it easy to keep your air conditioner running all year efficiently. The best time to do this is in the spring, just when the temperatures start to rise.
Like any other appliance, an air conditioner is subject to normal wear and tear and needs routine maintenance to operate properly. Whether you use the air conditioner all year or only in the summer, the air filters collect dust, pollen, and other contaminants.
Maybe you haven’t had your air conditioner serviced in a few years and haven’t noticed a difference. Your house is still cool enough to live in, but have you been keeping an eye on your energy bills? They will reveal the truth. The truth is that if you don’t have your air conditioner serviced, it will still work to keep your home cool, but you will have to work harder to do so. Any year that your air conditioner isn’t serviced, it loses 1% of its energy quality. That might not seem like a lot, but it can quickly add up if you use your air conditioner often during the summer. Daily maintenance can also help the unit last longer.
Aside from performance and functionality, you should have your air conditioner serviced for your home’s comfort. Filters clogged or other systems that aren’t functioning properly can cause uneven cooling in your home.
Some benefits that can make you believe that your air conditioner needs maintenance –
- An air conditioning system that is more dependable
- A device that is more energy efficient
- A longer-lasting air conditioner
- There are fewer problems with big repairs
You might be wondering what AC maintenance means now that you know how critical it is. Here’s a list of common AC maintenance services –
- Thermostat Calibration – Verify that your thermostat is in good working order and not located near any heat sources.
- Tightening and checking all electrical links is an essential part of the job.
- Cleaning the condensate drain line is almost always part of routine maintenance to avoid clogging and leaks.
- Air Filter Service – For optimum performance and protection, clean or replace the air filter.
Regular AC maintenance can improve AC efficiency while also lowering electricity bills. A non-serviced air conditioner can use more energy to deliver cool air or may not provide adequate cooling due to issues like gas leakage. During an AC repair operation, the technician will look for problems like a gas leak or any other problems preventing your AC from performing at its best. A minor problem that goes unresolved can develop into a bigger problem in the future, necessitating costly repairs. In the long run, preventive maintenance, early identification of problems, and resolution save money.