The sole purpose of buying and installing an air conditioner is for our comfort. We know that an air conditioner can bring us comfort that no other HVAC appliance can during the summer season, so we buy an air conditioner and use it during the summer season.
Reasons For AC Repairs
If you have faced or are facing this situation, here are some reasons you should know before you contact air conditioner contractors in Severna Park.
- Leaking ducts: As you know, ducts circulate cool air in your home. If the ducts have any leaking source, like holes and cracks, the cool air will escape the ducts, and your home will not be as cool as you want it to be.
- Wrong size of the air conditioner: If your newly-bought air conditioner is giving you efficiency and comfort problems, it may happen that you bought the wrong size for your home. Contact your technician to know whether the system is of the right size or not before you proceed with checking the other factors.
- Lesser refrigerant: A hissing or bubbling sound from your air conditioner while it works is a sure indicator that refrigerant is leaking from the evaporator coils. Without sufficient refrigerant, your air conditioner will not produce enough condensed air to cool your whole home.
- A malfunctioning compressor: Since your air conditioner’s compressor is installed outside with little protection, it may face damage due to strong winds, thunderstorms, animals, trees, and unwanted vegetation around it. Ensure to keep enough free space around the compressor and check it regularly or after a storm to ensure it does not face much damage.
- A malfunctioning motor: The motors in the fans of your air conditioners are responsible for rotating them efficiently. All fans have motors; if even one of the motors fails, your home will face cooling issues. You should contact a technician for AC servicing near me if one or more motors fail, as only a professional can handle this issue.
- Issues with the capacitors: If you wonder how the motors in the fans rotate them, the answer is through capacitors. Capacitors act as batteries for the motors and give them the initial push so that they start rotating. Now, if the capacitors do not work efficiently, the motors will not work, and the fans will not rotate.
- Dirty evaporator coils: The biggest enemy of your air conditioner is dirt. Dirt will somehow damage or clog the components on which it settles. One such component is the evaporator coils. If you notice that your air conditioner frequently develops ice, you should try cleaning your whole system extensively.
- Dirty air filters: Air filters are also clogged by dirt. The minute dirt particles settle on the air filters when they purify your indoor air, and if they settle too much, the air filters face cloggings and cannot purify properly. Clean your air filters regularly or replace them whenever needed.