As the scorching heat of summer sets in, your air conditioner becomes an essential part of your daily life. However, nothing is more frustrating than experiencing a sudden breakdown during a sweltering day. To help you avoid such inconveniences, Corcoran Heating & Air is here to shed light on the top causes of air conditioner breakdowns during the summer.
We specialize in AC replacement in Severna Park, MD, and surrounding areas. Our technicians can run diagnostics and repair your existing AC unit or install a new, more efficient one to ensure you stay cool all summer.
Now, Let's Explore The Top Causes of Air Conditioner Breakdowns During The Summer:
- Lack of Maintenance: Regular maintenance is crucial for the optimal performance of your air conditioner. Neglecting routine maintenance tasks such as cleaning or replacing air filters, checking refrigerant levels, and inspecting electrical connections can lead to breakdowns. It’s essential to schedule annual maintenance with our professional HVAC technician to prevent such issues. If you search for AC service near me, you will find Corcoran Heating & Air provides reliable services.
- Dirty Condenser Coils: The condenser coils in your AC unit release heat from your home. Over time, these coils accumulate dirt, debris, and grime, hindering their efficiency. As a result, your air conditioner may struggle to cool your home adequately, leading to breakdowns. Regular cleaning of the condenser coils can help prevent this problem.
- Refrigerant Leaks: Refrigerant is the lifeblood of your air conditioning system, responsible for cooling the air. If there is a leak in the refrigerant lines, your AC won’t be able to function optimally. It’s essential to address refrigerant leaks promptly, as they not only affect cooling but can also cause damage to the compressor.
- Electrical Issues: Faulty electrical connections, worn-out wiring, or tripped circuit breakers can cause your air conditioner to malfunction or stop working altogether. Electrical issues can be hazardous, so it’s crucial to consult our professional technician to diagnose and resolve these problems safely.
- Overworked Compressor: The compressor is the heart of your air conditioning system. It works tirelessly to circulate refrigerant and maintain cool temperatures indoors. However, if your AC unit is constantly running without a break, it can strain the compressor excessively, leading to failure. Proper sizing of the AC unit and using programmable thermostats can help prevent this issue.
- Clogged Drainage System: Your air conditioner removes humidity from the air, and the moisture collects in a condensate pan, which is then drained out. Over time, this drainage system can become clogged with dirt, algae, or debris, causing water to back up and potentially damage the unit. Regularly cleaning and maintaining the drainage system can prevent blockages and subsequent breakdowns.
Understanding these top causes of air conditioner breakdowns during the summer is the first step in preventing such issues and ensuring your comfort throughout the hottest months. Contact us today to schedule a service and experience working with professionals who care about your comfort and well-being.