How Do You Reset A Goodman Furnace?
We often hear a renowned brand name when it comes to household furnaces, yes – it’s the Goodman Furnaces. With exceptional quality and affordability, Goodman furnaces are leading the home heating industry. Moreover, it also offers premier warranties such as replacing the entire furnace as the case may be. Ensuring a smooth operation, Goodman furnaces have safety measures such as primary limit switch, rollout limit switch, and lockout mode.
Some of these safety features reset automatically while some require manual operation. No one wants to shiver in the biting cold as the furnace stops working. Hence, we hastily tend to call for a furnace repair in Severna Park. Well, the good news is, it is a matter of a few minutes to reset your Goodman furnace.
Primary Limit Switch
Located on the partition panel, the primary limit switch will monitor the temperature of the heat exchanger. The limit switch will kick into action when the system detects overheating of the furnace. However, the primary limit switch is programmed to reset on its own. In case it doesn’t do so, you can always search for a furnace check-up near me and get the necessary help.
Rollout limit switch
This safety switch monitors the burner flame and is located on the burner assembly. When the flame is not properly drawn into the heat exchanger, the rollout limit switch gets activated. Unlike the primary limit switch, this has to be reset manually for the furnace to resume operations. Here is how you can reset the Goodman furnace rollout limit switch:
- Step 1: Before performing any resets, always ensure that the furnace is not receiving any electrical supply. For this, flip the circuit breaker switch to the ‘off’ position and proceed further.
- Step 2: Remove the access panel of the furnace so that you can access the internal components. This can either be done by lifting the panel sides or by removing screws from the panel. This differs as per different models of the Goodman furnace.
- Step 3: Inside the burner assembly, look for the rollout limit switch. Hold the red reset button for a few seconds and release it. Turn on the circuit breaker switch and check if the problem has been solved. Otherwise, you may need to call a furnace repair in Severna Park, MD.
Resetting The Lockout Mode
If unable to ignite within 3 attempts for a single heat call, the Goodman furnace goes into a lockout mode. Unless reset manually, the furnace will not attempt to run again. The furnace will reset by:
- Automatic reset by the integrated module after 1 hour of lockout
- Cut off the power supply for 30 seconds or more
- Lower thermostat for a brief period and return to previous settings
If the situation persists, you may have to look for a furnace check-up near me. JS Corcoran Heating & Air Conditioning specialize in all kinds of furnace services such as repair, maintenance, and installation. Call today at (443) 250-9917 and get quality service for your Goodman furnace.